PDFs have become one of the most important aspects of our work lives and the main reasons for this are their portable size and how well the data can be represented in them. As most of the PDFs are converted from other document formats like text, if you’ve converted the document and then realized it has a mistake in it, here’s how to edit a PDF easily.
📢 JOIN OUR TELEGRAM COMMUNITY
How to Edit a PDF on Adobe Acrobat
The best way to edit a PDF is by using Adobe Acrobat Reader that can be downloaded for free from the Adobe Acrobat Website. After downloading, all you need to do is;
- Open the Adobe Acrobat app by double-clicking on the application icon in the apps list or desktop.
- Go to File on the top left corner and click Open.
- Choose the file that you want to edit and click on open.
- Once your file opens, select “Edit PDF” from the toolbar on the right.
- To edit an image just place the cursor on the image you want to edit.
- That’s pretty much it. Quite nimble isn’t it?
How to Edit PDF Online
Online tools are everywhere and are quite popular because of how convenient they are to use. There are a lot of online PDF editing tools out there but, one amazing tool that we recommend is SodaPDF. To edit PDFs on SodaPDF, all you need to do is;
- Visit the website and upload the PDF
- Start editing by picking an enormous number of tools already available on the website. That’s pretty much it.
How to Edit PDF on Mac
- Place your cursor where you want to insert text.
- Go to “Tools,” click on “Annotate,” select “Text,” and start typing.
- To change the font, size, or color, go to “View,” click on “Show Markup Toolbar,” and press A.
- You also can move the text box anywhere on the document.
How to Edit PDF on Windows
Microsoft announced a PDF editing feature in Word in 2013 and the feature has been present in the latest releases since then. This feature essentially lets you open a PDF document in word format, edit it, and save it as PDF again. To edit a PDF using Word;
- Go to the “File” menu.
- “Open” the PDF document in Word and click okay
- Just start typing/deleting and making the other necessary edits in the documents as you’d do usually.
- After you’re done editing, go to File > Save As > and in the document type, select “File Type” as PDF and save the file and that’s pretty much it. Pretty straight forward right?
How to Edit PDF on Google Docs
Google Docs is an exceptional online document editor that lets you do pretty much everything that any Document editor would let you; but, for free. Editing PDFs in Google Docs is very easy. All you need to do is;
- Upload your PDF document to your Google Drive
- Now, go to recent and find the PDF file
- Right-click on the file and click on “Open with Google Docs” option
- After editing the file you can download it as a PDF file, share it, or even email it directly.
ALSO READ: 2 Easy Ways To Change Margins In Google Docs
There will be times when you might need to combine two PDFs. There is a lot of online software as well as other applications that you can use to achieve this. We suggest you read our article 3 ways to easily combine PDF files for free where we’ve given a detailed explanation of how you can merge two or more PDFs with ease.
So, these were some of the best tools that we can use to edit PDFs. Let us know in the comments section below if you’ve used or heard of any software that deserves everyone’s attention and we’ll add it in this list.
Think you’ve used PDFs more than anyone else? Let’s test your knowledge.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.