Xiaomi has launched its flagship smartphone – Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro at an event in China. The main highlights of the smartphones are its design, top-of-the-line hardware, which includes a 90Hz display panel, a quad-camera setup, and much more.
Xiaomi Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro: Design And Display
The Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro comes with great design aesthetics. It packs in an in-display fingerprint sensor along with an Infrared sensor. In addition to that, it comes with USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, and a 1216 1.0cc speaker.
The Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro packs in a 6.67-inch Full HD+ curved AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. It features a DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, DC dimming, 4096-level screen brightness adjustment, and guarded by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Apart from that, the Mi 10 comes in Titanium Black, Ice Blue, and Peach Gold colors, while the Mi 10 Pro comes in Starry Blue and Pearl White colors.
Xiaomi Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro: Performance
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC powers both these smartphones along with Snapdragon X55 Modem enabling support for 5G SA/NSA. It also packs a 3000mm² VC liquid cooling plate + graphene + multi-layer graphite for heat dispensation. It has (up to) 12GB of LPDD5 RAM, and runs on Android 10 with MIUI 11.
On the battery side, the Mi 10 comes with a 4780mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging, and the Mi 10 Pro has a 4500mAh battery with support for 50W fast charging. Both have 30W wireless fast charging and 10w wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro: Camera
These smartphones have a 108MP Samsung sensor with a 1/1.33″ sensor, supports OIS, and incorporates a 4-in-1 (1.6μm) Super Pixel with the latest RAW multi-frame noise reduction algorithm to capture rich detail, even in low-light conditions.
These also have a 12-megapixel telephoto camera with supports 2x optical zoom with dual PD autofocus, an 8-megapixel telephoto camera that supports 10x hybrid zoom, and 50x digital zoom and a 20-megapixel (13-megapixel in Mi 10) ultra-wide-angle camera.
At the front, it has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera. Xiaomi said that the Mi 10 Pro had scored 124 points on DXOMark topping the charts.
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° (13MP 123° in Mi 10) ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
Xiaomi Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro: Pricing And Availability
Xiaomi Mi 10;
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – 3999 yuan (~ US$ 572 / Rs. 40,920)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage – 4299 yuan (~ US$ 615 / Rs. 43,990)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage – 4699 yuan (~ US$ 673 / Rs. 48,080)
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro;
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage – 4999 Yuan (~ US$ 716 / Rs. 51,150)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage – 5499 Yuan (~ US$ 787 / Rs. 56,270)
- 12GB RAM + 512GB storage – 5999 Yuan (~ US$ 859 / Rs. 61,370)
The Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro will be available in China starting from February 14th and 18th, respectively.
Xiaomi Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro: Launching In India
Although we don’t have a specific date on when both these devices going to launch in India, Xiaomi India head Manu Jain said that the phone would come to India soon.
However, making such a device requires state of the art facilities, which are not available in India.
We will have to import 100% of units if we launch the #Mi10 in India. Hence, it will have a different pricing model than usual.
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) February 13, 2020
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.