Samsung launched Galaxy S20 Ultra along with Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ at its Galaxy Unpacked event in San Francisco. The main highlight of the smartphone is that it features a 120Hz display, top-of-the-line internals, and support for 5G.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra: The Flagship!
The S20 Ultra packs in a 6.97-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Displays with 120Hz refresh rate, powered by Snapdragon 865 / Exynos 990 SoC (depending on the market) and with Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 / Exynos Modem 5123 modem.
It comes with a whopping (up to) 16GB RAM, runs on Android 10 with OneUI 2.0, and comes with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, and Samsung Pay. It has IP68 water and dust resistance and is backed by a 5000mAh battery with support for wired 45W fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging, as well as a new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi-compatible devices on the back of the phones.
Coming to the cameras, the S20 Ultra sports a primary 108-megapixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view, 48-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS with Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X and a depth sensor. The phone features a 40-megapixel front-facing camera. It also supports 8K video shooting.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 512GB storage (UFS 3.0) + expandable via microSD (up to 1TB)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 100X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- 5000mAh battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; Weight: 220g (222g for 5G)
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra: Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra comes in Cloud Gray and Cosmic Black colors.
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 12GB +128GB – $1399.99 (~Rs. 99,840) / £1199 / €1349
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 16GB + 512GB – $1499.99 (~Rs. 1,06,975) / £1399 / €1549
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra will be available for pre-order starting from February 21, 2020, and go on sale from March 6, 2020.