After a bunch of leaks and rumors, Samsung has finally announced its flagship smartphone – Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ at its Galaxy Unpacked event in San Francisco. The new Galaxy smartphone didn’t only improve the internal but also the overall presence of the phone with various top-of-the-line support.
Samsung Galaxy S20 And Galaxy S20+: Design & Display
The Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ come with a flagship-class design with Infinity-O displays. Both the device has Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers tuned by AKG, and last, but not least, both the device is IP68 water and dust resistance.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ packs in a 6.2/6.7-inch QuadHD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O displays. Samsung didn’t forget to add a 120Hz (refresh rate) panel to smoothen things up.
Coming to the color options, the Samsung Galaxy S20 comes in Cloud Blue, Cosmic Gray, and Cloud Pink colors, while the Galaxy S20+ comes in Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, and Cosmic Black colors.
Samsung Galaxy S20 And Galaxy S20+: Internals
Both the device is powered by Snapdragon 865 SoC with Adreno 650 GPU / Exynos 990 SoC with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU depending on the market. It also comes in 5G models with Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 / Exynos Modem 5123 modem. These run on Android 10 with OneUI 2.0 and come with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, and Samsung Pay.
Speaking of battery, the Samsung Galaxy S20 packs in 4000mAh, while the Galaxy S20+ packs in 4,500mAh batteries. Both support for wired 25W fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging as well as new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi-compatible devices on the back of the phones.
Samsung Galaxy S20 And Galaxy S20+: Cameras
The Galaxy S20 has triple rear cameras with a primary 12-megapixel Dual Pixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view, and a 64-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS.
The only difference is that the Galaxy S20+ has an additional depth sensor. These also have a 10-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera. These also support 8K video shooting. The company also said that “Even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using an action cam, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilization and AI motion analysis.”
Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+: Additional Information
- S20 – 8GB / 12GB (5G) LPDDR5 RAM with 128GBGB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- S20+ – 8GB / 12GB (5G) LPDDR5 RAM with 128GBGB /256 (5G) / 512GB (5G) storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S20 Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- S20+ Dimensions: 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8mm; Weight: 186g (188g for 5G)
Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+: Pricing and Availability
- Galaxy S20 LTE (128GB) – £799 (~ US$ 1,035 / Rs. 73,890) / €899 (~ US$ 981 / Rs. 69,980)
- Galaxy S20 5G (128GB) – $999.99 (~ Rs. 71,325) / £899 / €999
- Galaxy S20+ 5G (128GB) – $1,199.99 (~ Rs. 85,590) / £999 / €1099
- Galaxy S20+ 5G (512GB) – $1,299.99 (~ Rs. 92,720)
The Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ will be available for pre-order starting from February 21, 2020 and go on sale from March 6, 2020.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.