After much of rumours and leaks, Huawei backed Honor announced its latest high-end smartphone – Honor Magic 2. The smartphone features a triple camera setup at the rear end and comes with a much-rumoured YOYO assistant.
Honor Magic 2: A High-End Iteration!
The Magic 2 packs in a 6.39-inch FHD+ screen with an anti-dust slider design, powered by Kirin 980 7nm SoC with Dual NPU, coupled with 6GB/8GB RAM, paired with 128GB/128GB,256GB storage, runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 on top as well as YOYO assistant, and is backed by a 3500mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge.
Coming to the camera, it comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera, 24-megapixel monochrome secondary sensor and a 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens. At the front, it has a 16-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and also 2-megapixel + 2-megapixel with f/2.4 aperture cameras for 3D face unlock
Furthermore, it has an in-display fingerprint sensor with a large 32.48mm coverage area, 3D Face Unlock as well as 3D Qmoji. Not just, It has dual SIM support and Huawei’s Hi1103 chip for 1.7Gbps Wi-Fi and dual-frequency GPS navigation.
Honor Magic 2 Specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340×1080 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 display with 108% DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor
- 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/128GB,256GB storage
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 24MP secondary monochrome sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 16MP super wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, AIS, AI intelligent stabilization
- 16MP front camera with f/ 2.0 aperture, 2MP + 2MP with f / 2.4 aperture cameras for 3D face unlock
- Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0
- 3500mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM, IPX2 water-protection
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- Dimensions: 157.32×75.13×8.3mm; Weight: 206g
The Honor Magic 2 comes in Gradient Black, Gradient Red and Gradient Blue colours, is priced at 3799 Yuan (~US$ 544 / Rs. 40,295) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, While the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 4299 Yuan (~US$ 616 / Rs. 45,610) and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4799 Yuan (~US$ 688 / Rs. 50,910).
It will be available for order from November 1st and goes on sale from November 6th. The company will also introduce new ‘3D Photosensitive Edition’ with 3D Biosensing Technology for better security, same graphene heat dissipation as Mate 20 Pro, 8GB RAM and 512GB storage for 5799 Yuan (~US$ 830 / Rs. 61,520) in December 2018.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.