ZTE backed Nubia just announced its (much rumoured and anticipated) latest smartphone – Nubia X in China. The main highlights of the smartphone are its dual displays along with dual fingerprint sensors, and dual camera setup with AI features.
Nubia X: The Dual Display Glory!
The Nubia X packs in a 6.26-inch FHD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with minimal bezels, 93.6% screen-body ratio and no notch since it doesn’t have a front camera, and a secondary 5.1-inch HD+ AMOLED screen that blends into the glass body. It is patented for eye protection with a separate mode.
Coming to the camera, it has a 16-megapixel rear camera with AI scene recognition, dual-tone LED flash along with a secondary 24-megapixel camera. Mind you, there is a screen on the back, so, you can use the rear display to capture selfies.
Well, apart from the fancy stuff, it is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android Oreo with Nubia UI 6.0 and all these are backed by a 3800mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor on both the sides so it is suitable for both the right and left-handers.
Nubia X Specifications
- 6.26-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) 19:9 FHD+ In-Cell 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 5.1-inch (720 x 1520 pixels) 19:9 AMOLED 2.5D curved glass secondary display with 96% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB /8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB, 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.6 inch CMOS sensor, 1.22µm pixel size, PDAF, 24MP secondary rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Nubia UI 6.0
- 3800mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- Dual side-mounted fingerprint sensors
- Dual SIM
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C
- Dimensions: 154.1×73.30×8.4mm; Weight: 181g
The Nubia X starts at 3399 Yuan (~US$ 473 / Rs. 34,960) for the 6GB + 64GB Gray and Black with Gold colours, the Blue version of it costs 3399 Yuan (~US$ 487 / Rs. 36,000). The 8GB RAM + 128GB storage version in Gray and Black with Gold version costs 3699 Yuan (~US$ 530 / Rs. 39,195).
While the Blue version costs 3799 Yuan (~US$ 544 / Rs. 40,255). The top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version in Black with Gold colour variant costs 4199 Yuan (~US$ 602 / Rs. 44,490), while the Blue with Gold version costs 4299 Yuan (~US$ 616 / Rs. 45,540). It will be available for order from today and goes on sale in China from November 5th.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.