After a long saga of leaks and rumours, OnePlus has announced its flagship smartphone OnePlus 6T at an event in New York. The smartphone hasn’t changed from outside and is pretty identical to OnePlus 6 (as always).
OnePlus 6T: An Addition Of T!
The OnePlus 6T packs in a larger 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch that also houses three-in-one ambient/distance/RGB sensor and front-facing camera, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB/8GB RAM, paired with 128GB/256GB storage, runs on Android Pie and is backed by a much larger 3700mAh battery backed by Dash Charge fast charging.
Coming to the camera, the OnePlus 6T features a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, OIS as well as EIS, 20-megapixel secondary camera with Sony IMX376K sensor and f/1.7 aperture. At the front, it has a 16-megapixel Sony IMX 371 sensor, same as the OnePlus 6.
Furthermore, it comes with Nightscape mode that can recognize night scenes and delivers brighter, more vivid images with more clarity and less noise. It would be interesting to see how this feature performs, as Google Pixel 3/3XL also comes with this sort of feature. Well, this will also be coming to OnePlus 6 via a software update soon.
OnePlus 6T: Features!
Along with powerful internals, OnePlus has also bundled a few software tricks for you to get the most out of it as the in-display fingerprint sensor, which can be configured to quick launch an app when you continue pressing it once the phone is unlocked.
In addition to that, the 6T has support for Smart Boost technology that improves app start speeds to 5 to 20% by storing data from frequently used apps in the phone’s RAM. Along with the in-display fingerprint, the 6T also features ‘Screen Unlock’, which according to the company can unlock the 6T in 0.34 seconds.
The company has retained the alert slider from the predecessor, however, it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack. Apart from these, the OnePlus 6T features an all-glass body with aluminium edges, which not only increases durability but also creates a 3D effect that accentuates the signature OnePlus horizon line.
OnePlus 6T Specifications
- 6.41-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Optic AMOLED display with 100.63% sRGB colour gamut, DCI-P3 colour gamut, over 600 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1)/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.22μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 480 fps slo-mo at 720p, 240 fps at 1080p, 4k at 60 fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1
- 3700mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V–4A)
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- USB Type-C audio, Bottom-facing speaker, Dirac HD Sound
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C
- Dimensions: 157.7×74.8×8.2mm; Weight: 185g
The OnePlus 6 comes in Mirror Black and Midnight Black. The 6GB RAM with 128GB version is priced at $549 (~Rs. 40,290),while the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs $579 (~Rs. 42,490) and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs $629 (~Rs. 46,160).
It will roll out in the US via T-Mobile from November 1st and in Europe from 6th. We should know the price for India when it is launched tomorrow. It goes on sale in India exclusively on Amazon.in from November 2nd, pre-orders already started.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.