Along with Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro, Huawei has also introduced a larger 7.2-inch FHD+ OLED display smartphone – Huawei Mate 20 X. The main highlight of this smartphone is its Vapour Chamber cooling, massive 5000mAh battery, and its Huawei, so, the camera of course.
Huawei Mate 20 X: A Gigantic Flagship!
The Mate 20 X packs in a 7.2-inch FHD+ OLED display, powered by Kirin 980 SoC with world’s first liquid multi-dimensional cooling system with Vapour Chamber (VC) and Graphene Film to keep the device cool for smooth gaming. The chipset is paired with 6GB RAM along with 128GB expandable storage.
Coming to the camera, it features triple Leica camera setup, which is similar as the Mate 20 Pro viz a 40-megapixel primary camera with a f/1.8 aperture, a 20-megapixel wide-angle lens with a f/2.2 aperture and finally an 8-megapixel f/2.4 lens with an insane 5x optical zoom capability. At the front, it has 24-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture.
The Mate 20 X runs on Android Pie and is backed by a massive 5000mAh battery with AI-driven resource allocation to handle intense gaming and long working hours, and also with Huawei SuperCharge fast charging technology. This is also IP53 rated for dust and water resistance. Much like other Mates, this also is engraved glass back panel filters the colour layer to produce the unique textures.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications
- 7.2-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.7:9 DCI-P3 HDR Display
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor
- 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB storage + expandable via NM card (up to 256GB)
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 20MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus, AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization)
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0
- 5000mAh battery with Huawei SuperCharge fast charging
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP53)
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, Dual Speakers, Dual Smart PA, Dolby Atmos
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- Dimensions:174.6 x 85.4 x 8.15mm; Weight: 232g
The Huawei Mate 20 X comes in Phantom Silver and Midnight Blue colors, and is priced at 899 Euros (~US$ 1041 / Rs. 76,275). It will go on sale in select markets such as U.K., France, Italy and the United Arab Emirates starting from October 26th.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.