LG has announced its latest top-end smartphone – LG G8X ThinQ at IFA 2019. The smartphone comes with a great design, top of the line hardware, cleaner looking interface and feature enriched cameras.
LG G8X ThinQ: The Dual Display!
The LG G8X ThinQ comes with a 6.4-inch FullVision FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 LG Dual Screen has an additional 2.1-inch Mono Cover Display that lets users check the time, date, battery charge, notifications, and other useful information without opening the Dual Screen.
Furthermore, the Dual Screen adopts a new 360 Freestop Hinge to allow for viewing at any angle (0, 104° and 180°), just like a laptop. Apart from that, the G8X ThinQ is powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with 6GB RAM, 128GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Coming to the camera, the G8X ThinQ sports dual rear cameras, 13MP 136-degree super-wide-angle, and 12MP standard sensor. There is also a 32-megapixel camera that merges four pixels to form large 1.6μm pixels for better output. The phone doesn’t have ToF sensor like the G8 ThinQ but comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner. It has Two 1.2W speakers, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC tuned by Meridian Audio.
LG G8X ThinQ Specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 136° lens, LED flash
- 32MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, 79° lens
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, FM Radio
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Dimensions:159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 192g
The LG G8X ThinQ will be available in key markets in the fourth quarter. The company has announced the 5G version of LG G8X ThinQ which will be called LG V50S ThinQ 5G and will be launched in Korea. Pricing and exact availability will be available later.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.