Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi has launched its latest budget smartphone- Xiaomi Redmi 7A, a successor to last year’s Redmi 6A in China. The phone features great design, lower-budget end hardware and also has a splash-resistant P2i coating, similar to other Redmi 7 series phones.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A: A Successor To Redmi 6A!
The Xiaomi Redmi 7A packs in a 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display, powered by Snapdragon 439, coupled with 2GB/3GB RAM, paired with 16GB/32GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie with MIUI 10, and all these are backed by a 4000mAh built-in battery with support for 10W.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, AI scene detection and a 5-megapixel front camera with support for AI face unlock and beautify. Similar to other Redmi 7 series phones, this also has a splash-resistant P2i coating. It has a polycarbonate body, dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots.
Apart from that, the phone comes with Family Guardian app with SOS Emergency Help option that also limits your kid’s access to certain websites and restrict kid’s use of the phone, location reminder when they enter an area such as school, one-click guard and more. The phone also has wireless FM Radio.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A Specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 256GB)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- 4000mAh built-in battery
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano-coating), Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 146.30×70.41×9.55mm; Weight: 150g
The Xiaomi Redmi 7A comes in Black and Blue colors. It is priced at 549 Yuan (~US$ 79 / Rs. 5,535) for the 16GB storage version and the 32GB storage version costs 599 Yuan (~US$ 86 / Rs. 6,040). It will go on sale in China starting from June 6th.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.