After a bunch of leaks, Samsung has officially announced its latest smartphone under A series- Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505). This is the company’s first mid-range smartphone to feature an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Samsung Galaxy A50
The Galaxy A50 packs in a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, powered by Exynos 9610 processor, paired with 4GB/6GB RAM, coupled with 64GB/128GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 25-megapixel camera with f/1.7 aperture, 5-megapixel Depth sensor for Live Focus and an 8-megapixel Ultra Wide lens. At the front, it has a 25-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. The A50 has Samsung Pay, Bixby Vision, Bixby Voice, Bixby Home, and Bixby Reminder.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9610 10nm processor
- Mali-G72 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 512GB)
- 25MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB-C
- Dimension:158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7mm
The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes in Black, White, Blue and Coral colors. It will go on sale in mid-March. We should know the price when it goes on sale in India in a few days.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.