HMD Global announced its latest flagship smartphone- Nokia 9 PureView at MWC 2019, Barcelona. The main highlight of the smartphone is (of course) its 12-megapixel Penta rear camera with ZEISS Optics.
Nokia 9 PureView: A Penta View!
The Nokia 9 PureView packs in a 5.99-inch Quad HD pOLED display with HDR10 support, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB RAM, paired with 128GB storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 3320mAh battery with fast charging and Wireless Charging.
Coming to the Penta camera, two of which is RGB and the other three are monochrome lenses to collect up to 10-times the amount of light than a single color sensor. It captures HDR shots and a full scene using 12-megapixel and fuses it together into one 12-megapixel photo with outstanding dynamic range and depth of field to refocus later. It is capable of shooting 60-megapixel images in burst mode and can process up to 240 megapixels of data.
It also features the ability to capture images in uncompressed RAW “DNG” format and edit them directly on the phone with Adobe Lightroom and Native black-and-white photography. It also has a 20-megapixel front-facing selfie camera. Apart from the camera, the Nokia 9 PureView sports in-display fingerprint scanner and a water-resistant body with IP67 ratings.
Nokia 9 PureView Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD pOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS) storage
- 12MP penta (2 x RBG, 3 x mono) rear cameras with f/1.82 aperture, LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 3320mAh battery with fast charging, Wireless Charging
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Single speaker with a smart amp, 3 x mics with spatial recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8 mm; Weight: 172g
The Nokia 9 PureView comes in Midnight Blue color, and is priced at $699 (~Rs. 49,650). It will go on sale in March with pre-orders starting immediately in select markets.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.