Xiaomi has announced its first 5G smartphone – Mi MIX 3 5G at MWC 2019, Barcelona. The main highlight of this smartphone is its overall design, powerpack internals along with hybrid cooling and of course the dual front and rear cameras.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G
The Mi MIX 3 packs in a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED 93.4% screen-to-body ratio display, powered by Snapdragon 855 7nm SoC with Qualcomm X50 5G modem, paired with 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, coupled with 64GB/128GB storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 3800mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor and a secondary 12-megapixel telephoto lens with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor for AI portraits. It has a 24-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, 4-in-1 Super Pixel, and secondary 2-megapixel DOF sensor as well as selfie flash.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G Specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor, 1.0 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 24MP front-facing camera with Super Pixel low-light tech, Sony IMX576 sensor, secondary 2MP DOF camera, OV02A10 sensor, customized high CRI selfie light
- Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- 3800mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5G Sub6, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157.89x 74.69x 8.46mm; Weight: 218g
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G comes in Onyx Black and Sapphire Blue colors. It starts at 599 Euros (~US$ 679 / Rs. 48,260) for the 64GB storage version and will roll out in May through Mi.com, Authorized Mi Stores and retail channels. Xiaomi has partnered with several carriers in Europe including 3, Sunrise, Orange, TIM, Telefonica, and Vodafone.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.