Samsung announced its latest mid-range smartphone – Samsung Galaxy A8s with Infinity-O display. The main highlight of this smartphone is its in-display camera, which company calls Infinity-O display, a small cut out which said to be 6.7mm, compared to 4.5mm that Honor claims in V20.
Samsung Galaxy A8s: The Infinity-O Comes To Life!
The Galaxy A8s packs in a 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, powered by Snapdragon 710 SoC, coupled with 6GB/8GB RAM, paired with 128GB expandable storage, runs Android Oreo, and all these are backed by a 3,400mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Coming to the camera, the A8s sports triple rear cameras that includes a main 24-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture, 10-megapixel Telephoto lens with a f/2.4 aperture for 2x optical zoom, and a 5-megapixel camera to capture depth information for portrait shots. It also has a 24-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. It features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Samsung Galaxy A8s Specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs)
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 512GB)
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 10MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3400mAh battery with adaptive fast charging
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C, NFC
- Dimension: 158.4×74.9×7.4mm; Weight: 173g
The Samsung Galaxy A8s comes in Blue, Gray and Green colors. It will be available for pre-order from December 21st in China. The pricing of the smartphone is yet to announced.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.