Samsung has announced its latest premium Android Flip phone – Samsung W2019 (SM-W2019) in China. It has a 3D glass with a metal design, and has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, which is not usual for Samsung smartphones.
Samsung W2019: Android Flip Phone
The W2019 features a dual 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB RAM, paired with 128GB/256GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3,070mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, it sports dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with the primary sensor that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in the daytime. At the front, it has 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
Samsung W2019 Specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 512GB)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.5 or f/2.4 aperture, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 3,070mAh battery
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 132.9 x 63.4 x 17.3mm: 257g
The Samsung W2019 comes in Rose Gold and Platinum colors, and is priced at 18,999 Yuan (~ US$ 2729 / Rs. 1,98,720) for the base 128GB version. It is on sale in China. No word from the company on whether or not it will hit other markets.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.