Google updated its mobile payment app; Google Tez with the support for bill payments. It now supports over 80 billers, including national and state electricity provider, gas and water, and DTH recharge.
Google Tez Brings Utility Bill Payments
The utility bill payments include some of the big names like Reliance Energy, BSES, and DishTV. Well, it also supports Bharat BillPay system, which will let you fetch the latest bull from your providers.
- Tap on new Payment on the home screen.
- Click Pay your bills.
- Click the name of the biller (or can even search them).
- Once located your biller, select them.
- Enter the number associated with your account to link it to Tez.
- Give it a name to remember
- Pay the bill
- Tap biller’s name on your Tez home screen to check whether you’ve paid a bill.
- That’s it!
Do note, it shows all past payments grouped by the biller, moreover, it also manages bills from multiple accounts. Google is also offering a scratch card that could win you up to Rs 1000, for every new bill you pay this month.