Apple has announced its latest top-end iPhone; Apple iPhone X along iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus at an event in San Francisco. This iPhone has ditched its traditional home button, instead, it uses Face ID i.e Face recognition technology to unlock the phone.
Inside Apple iPhone X
The iPhone X is made of Aerospace-grade 7000-series aluminum frame with glass back. It packs in a 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED Super Retina edge-to-edge display with HDR10 and Dolby Vision support. It is powered by A11 Bionic Chip which is ready to upscale the augmented reality experience.
The smartphone features a 12-megapixel dual rear camera with dual optical image stabilization and at the front, it has a 7-megapixel camera. The X’s Face ID uses TrueDepth camera system made up of a dot projector, infrared camera, and flood illuminator (to detect your face in dark). It comes with wireless and fast charging support (0-50% in 30 minutes).
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD Display With 3D Touch
- Six-Core A11 Bionic Processor
- Three-Core GPU With M11 Motion co-processor
- 64GB / 256GB Non-Expandable Storage
- 12MP Wide-Angle (f/1.8) And Telephoto (f/2.4) Cameras, Dual Optical Image Stabilization, Optical Zoom; Digital Zoom Up To 10x, Six‑Element Lens, Quad-LED True Tone Flash, 4K Video Recording At 60fps, Slo‑Mo 1080p At 240fps
- 7MP Front Camera With f/2.2 Aperture, 1080p Video Recording, Retina Flash
- iOS 11
- Lithium-ion Battery With Qi Wireless Charging, Fast Charging Support
- TrueDepth Camera For FaceID, Stereo Speakers, Water And Dust Resistant (IP67)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac With MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC With Reader Mode, GPS + GLONASS
- Dimensions: 143.6x 70.9×7.7 mm; Weight: 174grams
The Apple iPhone X comes in Silver and Space Gray colors and is priced at US$ 999 for the 64GB variant and US$1,149 for the 256GB variant. In India, the iPhone X will start at Rs 89,000 for the 64GB variant, while the 256GB variant is priced at Rs 1,02,000. It will be available for pre-order from October 27 in several countries and goes on sale from November 3.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.