Xiaomi apart from unveiling their first in-house processor ‘Surge S1’, also said that the Xiaomi Mi 5C will be first to come with it. Just after that Xiaomi has unveiled Mi 5C, probably the most rumored (misunderstood to Mi 6) smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi 5C is a successor to Mi 4C which was introduced back in 2015 and with respect to that, it has the same 5.15-inch 1080p display from JDI with 1.6mm ultra narrow bezels and never to forget this is the first smartphone to powered by Xiaomi own Surge S1 processor.
Xioami Mi 5C
The smartphone as earlier said, powered by Xiaomi’s own Surge S1 processor, 3GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (not expandable), run on MIUI 8 on top Android 6.0 (which will be upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat), 12-meagpixel rear camera and 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It also supports 4G VoLTE with dual nano SIM slots and it packs a 2860mAh battery (is this Xiaomi?) with fast charging support.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Curved Glass Display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Xiaomi Surge S1
- Quad-Core Mali-T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB Storage (No MicroSD)
- 12MP Rear Camera With LED Flash, 1.25 μm Pixel Size, 27mm Wide-Angle Lens, f/2.2 Aperture
- 8MP Front-Facing Camera With f/2.0 Aperture, 27mm Wide-Angle Lens
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (upgradable to Android 7.1 Nougat) With MIUI 8
- Fingerprint Sensor, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Infrared Sensor, USB-C, Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x7.09 mm ; Weight: 135g
- 2860mAh Battery With Fast Charging Support
It comes in Rose Gold, Gold and Black Colors and is priced at CNY 1499 (which roughly equals to US$ 218 / Rs 14560). The smartphone is expected to go on sale in China starting from March 3rd.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.