LG has Launched its latest flagship smartphone, the LG G6 at its MWC 2017 event in Barcelona. The successor to LG G5 has got a new design with a nearly bezel-less display putting a 5.7-inch QHD+ display into a 5.2-inch body.
The LG G6 is the first smartphone to come with Google Assistant inbuilt, addition to that, it has a 12-megapixel dual camera setup, IP 68 rating (water and dust resistance), Dolby Vision (HDR10) and Quad DAC for superior audio performance.
LG G6: Getting Into
LG’s latest flagship, LG G6 comes with a 5.7-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1140 pixels) display with 564 ppi, into a 5.2-inch body with 18:9 aspect ratio, LG calls it “The Big Screen That Actually Fits In Your Hand”. However, it also comes with Dolby Vision (HDR10) for a great visual experience.
LG is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC paired with 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable), runs on Android 7.1 Nougat, has a 3,300mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 3.0 technology for faster charging. Addition to that it comes with some important additions like Quad DAC for superior audio quality directly from its 3.5mm headphone jack.
LG G6 Specifications;
- 5.7-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1140 pixels) Display With 564 ppi, 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB Storage + Expandable Via MicroSD
- 13MP Dual Camera Sensors (one with wide-angle lens with field of view of 125-degrees, f/2.1 Aperture and other with field view of 71-degree, f/1.8 Aperture), Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
- 4K Video Recording With Smooth Optical Zoom Functionality
- 5MP Front-Facing Camera With f/2.2 Aperture
- Android 7.1 Nougat With LG UX 6.0
- 3,300mAh Battery
- Unique Features: 32-bit Quad DAC, Dolby Vision, HDR10
- Fingerprint Scanner, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, USB-C
Pricing And Availability
The LG G6 comes in three color variants – Mystic White, Astro Black and Ice Platinum. The company hasn’t talked about the pricing and availability but this smartphone is going to expensive as the company taken this smartphone to a premium level. We have to wait until the pricing and availability of the smartphone get official.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.