BlackBerry has just announced its latest smartphone codenamed ‘Mercury’ as BlackBerry KEYone at its MWC 2017 event in Barcelona. It is the last phone was designed by BlackBerry and is made by TCL Communication Technology (TCT).
Well, BlackBerry was in the rumor mills for a quite some time. It was unveiled at the CES 2017 event held in January in Las Vegas. The smartphone is officially named as BlackBerry KEYone instead of codenamed Mercury or the rumored DTEK70.
The smartphone comes with a 4.5-inch (1620×1080 pixels) display with 3:2 aspect ratio and its BlackBerry so it also has a 4-row QWERTY physical backlit keyboard with the features like touch gestures, support for flick typing, customizable shortcuts and the biggest addition is that the fingerprint is built into the spacebar (interesting).
BlackBerry KEYone comes powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC, 3GB RAM, runs on Android 7.1 Nougat with security and productivity suite from BlackBerry and a 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (BOOST) that can charge up to 50% in just 36 minutes (to be precise).
BlackBerry KEYone Specifications
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 Display With 433 PPI, Scratch-Resistant Glass Protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM,
- 32GB Storage + Expandable Via MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP Rear Camera With Dual-Tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 Sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, 1/2.3″ Sensor Size, f/2.0 Aperture, PDAF, 4K Video Recording
- 8MP Front-Facing Camera With 1.12µm Pixel Size, f/2.2 Aperture
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 3,505 mAh Battery With Quick Charging 3.0
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm; Weight: 180g
- Unique Feature: 4-Row Physical QWERTY Backlit Keyboard With Capacitive Touch
- Fingerprint Sensor, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GLONASS, NFC, USB (3.1)-C
BlackBerry KEYone Pricing
The BlackBerry KEYone comes in Black color and is priced at US$549 (Rs 36,590 approx), 599 Euros, 499 GB Pound) depending on the market. It will be available globally starting from April.
[WATCH THE EVENT]
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.