OnePlus after teasing the launch of its cheapest TV has finally launched three new Android TVs, under the OnePlus TV U and Y series. OnePlus TV Y1 has two variants; the first being the 32-inch HD TV and another being a 43-inch Full HD TV. OnePlus TV U series has also been added to the family of TVs. It is a 55-inch 4K TV and they’re calling it the OnePlus U1.
OnePlus TV U And Y Series Launched
If you ask what’s so special about these TVs, well, there’s not one but many great features which make these TVs stand out. The first one being the DCI-P3 color gamut range, which is 93% across all the models. There’s also the Gamma engine which OnePlus also included in its flagship Q1 series TVs.
All the TVs launched today run Android TV 9.0 operating system at the core with support for built-in Chromecast, Google Play, and Google Assistant.
The TVs also feature OnePlus Play with content providers including YouTube, Prime Video, Eros Now, Hungama, Jio Cinema, Zee 5. OnePlus Connect allows you to connect your phone to the TV and use it as a remote, which is also getting an app on iOS. Data saver and Kids mode will be available in the next OTA update, said the company.
The 55-inch 4K model has MEMC, Dolby Vision, an ultra-slim body of 6.9mm which is greatly thin, a 95% screen-to-body ratio which is impressive, and 30W speakers powered by Dolby Atmos. The back of the TV is made of strong alloy with a carbon fiber pattern. The 32-inch has 88.5% screen-to-body ratio which is still pretty impressive for a budget TV and the 43-inch model has a 91.2% screen-to-body ratio, and both these feature 20W speakers.
OnePlus TV U Series: U1 55″ Specifications
- 55-inch 4K LED panel with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and a 93% DCI-P3 color gamut, Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HDR10+.
- MEMC with Gamma Engine, Noise Reduction, Color Space Mapping, Dynamic Contrast, and Ani-Aliasing.
- Android TV 9.0
- Support for Built-in Google Assistant
- 2.4 GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi support, Bluetooth 5.0, 3x HDMI, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB3.0, Ethernet
- 30W speakers, DTS-HD, and DOLBY ATMOS
OnePlus TV Y Series: Y1 32″ and Y1 43″ Specifications
- 32-inch HD Display with 1366 x 768 resolution / 43-inch Full HD LED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution with 93% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Gamma Engine
- 64-bit Processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- Android TV 9.0
- Google Assistant built-in
- 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, 2x HDMI, 2x USB, and an Ethernet port
- 20W speaker, DOLBY Audio
Coming to the pricing, the OnePlus TV 32Y1 costs Rs.12,999, followed by a price tag of Rs.22,999 for the 43Y1. The 55U1 costs Rs.49,999. The TVs are already up for preorders on Amazon.in and some models will go on sale on 5th July.
You can also experience the TVs in your nearest OnePlus experience stores soon. OnePlus is also offering the installation of the TV that can be scheduled in select cities. These are made in India under the ‘Make in India’ initiative said the company.