Realme launched its latest mid-range 5G smartphone – Realme 8s 5G in India. The smartphone has not only got internal upgrades but also exterior enhancements. This one features an infinite star design, which changes colours when the light is reflected at certain angles and has a delicate frosted feel to it.
Realme 8s 5G: What’s Good?
The Realme 8s 5G comes with a 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD 90Hz display with a 90.5% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 810 SoC, paired with (up to) 8GB of RAM with Dynamic RAM Expansion (DRE) technology, which can add up to 5GB to the existing 8GB RAM.
The 8s 5G runs on Android 11 with Realme Ui 2.0 and is backed by a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W Dart Charge fast charging. It features a 64-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel B&W camera and a 2-megapixel 4cm macro camera. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and support for 5G SA/NSA.
Realme 8s 5G Specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen, with up to 600 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 810 6nm processor (Dual 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs)
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 1TB)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W Dart Charge fast charging
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 5G SA/ NSA (n41/n28/n77/n78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.5×74.8×8.8mm; Weight: 191g
Pricing and Availability
The realme 8s 5G comes in Universe Blue and Universe Purple colours and is priced;
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage – Rs. 17,999
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage – Rs. 19,999
It will be available from Flipkart, realme.com and offline stores from September 13. With the Flipkart Smart Upgrade plan, you can get it starting at Rs. 12,599.
- Flat Rs. 1500 off with HDFC Bank Debit and Credit Cards and EMI and ICICI Bank Credit Cards and Credit Card EMI
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.