Xiaomi’s Redmi has officially launched the Redmi 10, a budget-end smartphone. This launch comes after a long duration of leaks and rumors. The smartphone, as Redmi always does, brings a lot of value, and more so, this is the first phone to be powered by MediaTek Helio G88 SoC.
Redmi 10: The Latest Budget Entrant
Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi 10 features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with AdaptiveSync 90Hz (45/60/90Hz) refresh rate, powered by MediaTek Helio G88 SoC, coupled with 4GB / 6GB RAM, paired with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) expandable storage, runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 and is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, and an in-box 22.5W charger.
Xiaomi’s Redmi 10 brings in a first-of-its-kind camera setup in the budget segment (remember the value addition part I told you earlier?). The Redmi 10 comes with a 50MP rear camera, along with 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth sensor. Other than that, the phone adds all the necessary like a smooth fingerprint-proof finish, dual speakers.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ IPS LCD screen with 90Hz adaptive refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G88 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs)
- ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage + expandable memory with microSD
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, 9W reverse wired charging
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162 x 75.3 x 8.95mm; Weight: 181g
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Pricing
The Redmi 10 comes in matte Carbon Gray and Pebble White and will roll out starting from August 20th. It is priced;
- 4GB + 64GB – US$ 179 (~Rs. 13,300)
- 4GB + 128GB – US$ 199 (~Rs. 14,785)
- 6GB + 128GB – US$ 219 (~ Rs. 16,270)
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.