ASUS launched the company’s latest flagship gaming smartphone – ASUS ROG Phone 5s. This smartphone comes as the successor to ROG Phone 5, launched earlier this year. The main highlight of the phone is the 6.78-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 144Hz refresh rate, powerpack internals, and a massive 6000mAh battery with support for 65W HyperCharge fast charging.
ASUS ROG Phone 5s: The Real Successor?
The ROG Phone 5s features high-end specs, internally, it brings Snapdragon 888 Plus SoC paired with (up to) 18GB of RAM, which boosts up the performance significantly enhancing the overall user experience. The 6.78-inch Full HD+ Samsung’s E4 AMOLED HDR display with 144Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch-sampling rate, 24.3ms touch latency is the icing on the cake.
The explicit successor of ROG Phone 5 brings in a 64MP rear camera with a Sony IMX686 sensor and a 24MP front-facing camera for pixel-perfect photos. And speaking of cameras, the phone comes with 256GB / 512GB storage. Unsurprisingly, the ROG Phone 5s features a 3.5mm audio jack, which we rarely find these days on top-end phones.
Gaming is what ASUS ROG’s are known for and ROG Phone 5s brings in Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5 and grip press detection paired along with Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound. The audio is powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology.
That said, the successor of ROG Phone 5 comes in two variants; ROG Phone 5s and ROG Phone 5s Pro. The ROG Phone 5s is the same as the ROG Phone 5 with a ROG (RGB light) logo, while the 5s Pro comes added with ROG Vision Color PMOLED display, and even the logo on the back has a customizable RGB light.
ASUS ROG Phone 5s Specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 111% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- (Up to) 3GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888+ 5nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 11 with ROG UI
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS Sabre ES9280AC Pro with HyperStream II QUAD DAC architecture, Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound, Powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5, and grip press detection
- 6000mAh battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- Dimensions: 172.8×77.2×10.29mm; Weight: 238g
ASUS ROG Phone 5s Price
The AUS ROG Phone 5s comes in Phantom Black and Aurora White colours;
- 16GB + 256GB – NT$ 29,990 (~ US$ 1,077 / Rs. 79,900)
- 18GB + 512GB – NT$ 33,990 (~ US$ 1221 / Rs. 90,580)
The ROG Phone 5s Pro comes only in Phantom Black colour priced at NT$ 37,990 (~ US$ 1,365 / Rs. 1,01,230) for the 18GB + 512GB version and also comes with AeroActive Cooler 5 in the box. It is available to order in Taiwan and will ship starting from August 24th.