There are have been a lot of leaks going wild about ZTE‘s upcoming smartphone, which is said to be the world’s first smartphone with an under-screen camera. Well, confirming the speculation, yesterday, ZTE’s CEO, Ni Fei, confirmed that the company will launch ZTE A20 5G.
ZTE A20 5G: The Under-Screen Camera Phone!
The under-screen phone, ZTE A20 5G has been certified by TENAA in China with model number A2121. The certification revealed that the phone will be powered by the Octa-Core Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform along with Adreno 620 GPU, coupled with up to 12GB LPDDR4x RAM and paired with up to 128GB (UFS 2.1) expandable storage.
Coming to the optics, many reports and leaks suggest that the phone will feature a quad-camera setup; 64MP rear camera, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor. To the main highlight, the ZTE A20 5G will supposedly feature a 32-megapixel under-screen front-facing (selfie) camera, which will let the phone maker avoid notch or punch-hole in a 6.92-inch FHD+ OLED screen.
The ZTE A20 5G is not the first smartphone that is announced to have an under-screen camera. Back in 2018, Samsung announced that it is working on the under-screen camera sensor technology. In fact, Xiaomi and OPPO have also shown off under-screen camera prototypes. Possibly, ZTE could be the first manufacturer to release this technology commercially.
ZTE A20 5G Specifications (Rumored)
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED display
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.1
- 4200mAh battery with fast charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM, 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.9mm; Weight: 198g
The ZTE A20 5G is expected to come in Flame Blue and Dazzling White colors and is predicted to be announced later this month. However, we will have to wait for the official confirmation.