Xiaomi-owned Redmi brand announced its first gaming laptop in China, dubbed as Redmi G Gaming Notebook. This launch comes after the recent launch of the RedmiBook range in India. The main highlight of this laptop is that it supports a 144Hz refresh rate, powered by a 10th-generation Intel Core processor along with a dedicated Nvidia graphics card.
Redmi G Gaming Notebook: The Gaming Debut!
The Redmi G Gaming Notebook packs in a 16.1-inch Full HD screen with 81% screen-to-body-ratio, which is quite expected as the company already has the RedmiBook range of notebooks in 13, 14, and 16-inch sizes. For the gaming, the bigger the display the better the experience, which gets even better with the added 60Hz, and 144Hz refresh rate options.
The Redmi’s gaming debut is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i5/i7 processor with six cores and 12 threads, that is paired with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/1650Ti GPU options. Not just that, the Redmi G Gaming Notebook features dual internal fans, dual-side air inlets, four air outlets, and a 100% copper heat dissipation module for 87% better performance.
The Redmi G gaming notebook has a full-size three-level adjustable white backlit keyboard with a Numpad, 1.5mm keystroke, and while, the audio is handled by two 2W speakers with DTS:X Ultra support. It comes with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and is backed by a 55Wh battery with 180W charging support, which is said to last up to 5.5 hours with (local) 1080p video playback.
Other than that, for connectivity, the Redmi G offers 2×2 MIMO dual-antenna Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.1, Gigabit wired network, a USB 2.0 port, two USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, a mini DisplayPort 1.4 port, a full-size HDMI 2.0 port, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Redmi G Gaming Notebook Specifications
- 16.1-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 144Hz / 60Hz refresh rate, 178-degree wide viewing angle, 300 nits brightness
- 10th Gen Intel Core quad-core i5-10200H (2.4GHz / up to 4.1GHz) / quad-core i5-10300H (2.5GHz / up to 4.5GHz) / six-core i7-10750H (2.6GHz / up to 5.0GHz) processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 / 1650Ti GPU
- 16GB (2 x 8GB ) 2933MHz RAM
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, up to 2TB M.2 PCIe/SATA SSD slot
- Windows 10
- 55Wh battery with up to 5.5h of 1080p local video playback, 6h web browsing, 180W charging
- 1.5mm High Key Professional Backlit Keyboard
- 3.5mm audio jack, 2W×2 speakers, Realtek ALC 256M, DTS:X Ultra
- 1MP HD webcam, digital array microphone
- WiFi 802.11ax 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen2, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB Type-C (4K 60Hz output), 1 x HDMI, 1x Mini DP 1.4 (5K 60Hz output), 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port
- Dimensions: 264.47×373.44×24.35mm; Weight: 2.5kg
Redmi G Gaming Notebook: Pricing And Availability
Redmi G Gaming Notebook comes with a few variants and the price varies with each.
60Hz / i5-10200H / 16GB / 512GB / GTX 1650
4999 Yuan (~US$ 719 / Rs. 53,840)
144Hz / i5-10300H / 16GB / 512GB / GTX 1650Ti
5799 Yuan (~US$ 834 / Rs. 62,455)
144Hz / i7-10750H / 16GB / 512GB / GTX 1650Ti
6599 Yuan (~US$ 949 / Rs. 71,070)
The Redmi G Gaming Notebook comes in Black color, is now available for pre-orders in China. It will go on sale starting August 18. Regarding international availability, Xiaomi has not shared any information as of now.