With over 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms of all time. This social media platform led by Facebook is estimated to grow by 29.5 million users by the end of Q4, which is a lot of users. However, if you’re thinking of deleting your Instagram account for a variety of reasons, you’ve come to the right place.
Now, there are two parts to this story, you can either choose to disable your account temporarily if you’re taking a short break, or delete it permanently. in this article, we’ll see how to delete Instagram account as well as disable it till you’re gone.
Here’s How to Delete Instagram Account
- You need to log in on a Desktop before proceeding with the deletion process.
- Once you log in, visit the “Delete Your Account” page by clicking here.
- Select a reason why you decided to delete your account from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your Instagram password and click on the red button which says “Permanently delete my Account“
NOTE: Your photos, comments, likes, friendships, and all other data will be removed permanently and will not be recoverable. If you decide to create another Instagram account in the future, you cannot sign up with the same username again.
ALSO READ: How To Unblock Someone On Instagram
How to Disable Instagram Account
- On the desktop, go to Instagram and log in to your account.
- On the top right corner, find and click on your profile picture
- In the dropdown menu that appears, click on settings
- Scroll down in the Edit Profile section and you will find a “Temporarily disable my account” option. Click on it.
- You will be asked the reason why you decided to disable your account; select one and enter your Instagram password when asked.
- Click on the blue button that says Temporarily Disable Account.
So, that was how to delete your Instagram account or disable it. Facing issues? Let us know in the comments section below and we’ll try to reach out as soon as possible.
How much do you know about Instagram? Let’s find out!