Xiaomi announced it’s next iteration of fitness tracker – Mi Band 5 at an online event in China. The main highlights of this fitness band are that it features a 20% bigger display, has customized themes to choose from along with support for different watch faces, and comes with 11 sports mode.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Announced
The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 packs in a 1.1-inch AMOLED color touch screen display (which is 20% bigger than the predecessor) with fifty-four IP featured themes such as Spongebob Squarepants, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hatsune Miku, and Detective Conan. It has support for different watch faces, comes with 11 sports mode, and is also 5ATM water-resistant.
The Mi Band 5 comes with 24-hour sleep monitoring, including quick naps, REM deep sleep, irregular and sporadic sleep patterns, and rapid eye movement monitoring features. In addition to that, the company has added stress monitoring, breathing training, PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence), and phone camera shutter feature without any app.
Not just that, the Band features women’s health tracking, such as menstrual cycle prediction. There is an NFC version of Mi Band 5. The company promises up to days of battery life and comes with a new magnetic charging cable.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Specifications
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen display with up to ≥450 nits brightness, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass, AF coating
- Xiao Ai’s voice assistant (NFC model)
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking, fitness tracking, Sedentary reminder
- 11 sports modes (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, exercise, indoor cycling, elliptical machine, skipping rope, yoga, rowing machine)
- PAI health analysis, Women’s health tracking: Menstrual cycle,
- Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor, Pressure assessment, Breathing training, Remote shutter control
- 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (Optional)
- 125mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life in typical mode, 20 days in long battery mode
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4mm; Weight: 11.9g / 12.1g (NFC)
The Mi Band 5 comes in Black color with 6 different colorful straps in Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Purple, Yellow, and Green colors. It will go on sale in China from June 18th and is priced at 189 Yuan (~US$ 26.7 / Rs. 2,025) for the standard version and 229 Yuan (~US$ 32.3 / Rs. 2,455) for the NFC edition.