The sub-brand of Xiaomi, Huami, has announced Amazfit Ares, which is a new addition to their already popular smartwatch lineup. The main highlights of this smartwatch are that it rugged (of course) and comes with 14-days battery backup.
Amazfit Ares Rugged Smartwatch
The Ares Rugged smartwatch sports a 1.28-inch square TFT display, has above 40 modes like heart rate, speed, and altitude. It also supports up to 70 sports modes, whether indoor fitness or outdoor sports. The smartwatch is water-resistant up to 50 meters, and you can wear it while swimming without worrying. It also has a built-in GPS.
The Amazfit Ares also has other features like FIRSTBEAT’s VO2Max, Exercise Effect (TE), Exercise Load (TD), and Recovery Time Data, which means you will know about your health well. The smartwatch comes with GPS + GLONASS for route tracking. On the battery front, the smartwatch also packs a 200mAh battery and promises an impressive battery life of 14-days.
ALSO READ: Best Smartwatches Under Rs 3000 
Amazfit Ares Rugged Smartwatch Specifications
- 1.28-inch (176 x 176 pixels) Always-on display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- 70 sports modes.
- Heart rate sensor, Accelerometer, and Barometer
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Compatible with Android 5.0, iOS 10.0 and above
- Health analysis via charts, FIRST BEAT professional-level sports analysis
- GPS + GLONASS for route tracking
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters (5ATM)
- 200mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life.
There are two colors to choose from, Black and Army Green. The Amazfit Ares rugged smartwatch is priced at 499 yuan (~$70 / Rs 5,200), and will go on sale in China on 1st June.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.