After a brief tease, Huami announced the Amazfit X smartwatch on the Indiegogo platform. The main highlight of this smartwatch is that it comes with a curved AMOLED display, which wraps around your wrist comfortably, making it look futuristic.
Amazfit X Smartwatch
Design And Build
The Amazfit X Smartwatch comes with a minimalist design (externally), which takes away the buttons and crowns, and provides you with a pressure-sensitive sensor which helps you access everything with a press of your finger. Internally, the watch has customized watch faces that track your steps and measures your heart rate and have 40+ widgets.
The Smartwatch packs in a 2.07-inch 326 PPI 92° curved display. According to the company, the smartwatch uses a 700°C hot bending FPC-connected three-piece motherboard, which offers more room for apps and (apparently) less time spent scrolling.
The Amazfit X Smartwatch monitors your heart rate 24 hours a day. Not just that, it also features infrared light test to measure your blood oxygen levels. It comes with GPS and GLONASS and has nine (9) versatile sports modes and water resistance up to 50 meters.
The inclusion of Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) is handy. The PAI tracks your sleep and gives you updates on where your stress levels are: Relaxed, Normal, Medium, and High. Props to the 205mAh battery, the Amazfit X Smartwatch promises 7-day battery life with continuous heart rate monitoring, clock text, call notifications, and tracking workouts.
- 2.07-inch (206 x 640 pixels) AMOLED color touch screen display with up to 400 nits brightness
- Button-free force-sensing sensor
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor, SpO2 / Blood oxygen sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Nine (9) sports mode and tracks your sleep, Sedentary reminder
- Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor
- Digital microphone
- 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- 205mAh battery with up to 7 days of usage
- Dimensions: 22.6×13.6mm; Weight: 39g
Pricing And Availability
The Amazfit X Smartwatch comes in Eclipse Black and New Moon Gold colors. It is expected to ship in August. However, it is now available for order through the Indiegogo crowdfunding platform and is priced $149 (~Rs. 11,314) as a part of early bird offer, but the original price is $329 (~Rs. 25,040).
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.