After a bunch of leaks and rumors of over several months, Apple has finally unveiled its second-gen iPhone SE 2020. The iPhone SE is essentially an iPhone 8 with a better camera and processor, with a much lower price tag.
Apple iPhone SE 2020: The Second Gen!
The Apple iPhone SE 2020 will replace the iPhone SE (1st Gen) and iPhone 8, which launched back in 2016 and 2017, respectively, offering a new affordable iPhone with TouchID (which is missing from iPhone 10) and a smaller display. It comes with a 4.7-inch Retina HD display with True Tone.
The SE 2020 is powered by A13 Bionic chipset (no U1 chip), found in the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. It comes with new storage options i.e. 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB, which is welcome. It supports fast charging (50% in just 30 minutes), wireless charging (with Qi-certified chargers), Wi-Fi 6, dual SIM with eSIM, and retains its IP67 waterproof status.
Coming to the camera, the iPhone SE 2020 sports a single 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture wide camera sensor from the iPhone 8, however, the software and photography capabilities are primarily improved, thanks to the latest chipset. At the front, it sports a 7-megapixel camera.
According to Apple, the camera of SE 2020 comes with all six Portrait Lighting effects, and depth control using what Apple calls semantic rendering and facial landmarking. That’s certainly likely to appeal to those keen to take more photos.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- iOS 13
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Up to 13 hours video playback, Qi wireless charging, 18W fast charging (5W charger in the box)
- TouchID fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Built‑in stereo speaker
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Gigabit-class 4G LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Dimensions: 138.4x 67.3×7.3mm; Weight:148g
Pricing And Availability
The iPhone SE 2020 comes in black, white, and Product (RED) and is priced at;
- 64GB storage – US$399 (₹42,500)
- 128GB storage – US$449 (₹47,800)
- 256GB storage – US$499 (₹58,300)
It is available for preorder this Friday, April 17th, and it will ship on April 24th in the US. While, in India, it will be available through Apple Authorized Resellers soon.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.