After a long haul, Huawei has finally introduced – Huawei Mate Xs. The main highlight of this smartphone apart from the fact that it is foldable is that it features top of the line hardware, Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) instead of Google Play, quad rear Leica cameras and supports 55W Huawei SuperCharge fast charging technology.
Huawei Mate Xs: The Long-Awaited!
The Huawei Mate Xs packs in a 6.6-inch OLED screen on the front and 6.38-inch screen on the back that expands to an 8-inch screen when unfolded. Under the hood, it is powered by Kirin 990 5G SoC, coupled with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM and 256GB expandable storage (via NM card), and runs on Android 10 with EMUI 10.
Coming to the camera, it sports quad rear Leica Cameras – a 40MP main camera, a 16MP ultra wide-angle camera, an 8MP telephoto camera, and a ToF sensor. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner embedded into the power button. All these are backed by a 4500mAh battery with 55W HUAWEI SuperCharge fast charging technology.
ALSO READ: These Are Top 5 Features Of Android 11 That You Need To Know
HUAWEI Mate Xs Specifications
- 6.6-inch (2480 x 1148 pixels) 19.5:9 OLED display when folded, 6.38-inch (2480 x 892 pixels) OLED 25:9 display for back panel, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display when unfolded
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor
- ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage + expandable via NM card (up to 256GB)
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS, HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) camera
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0.1, HMS
- 4500mAh (2250mAh x 2) battery with 55W SuperCharge
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Dual Speakers
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 5G Multi-mode,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 78.5 (146.2 unfolded) x 5.4-11mm; Weight: 300g
The Huawei Mate Xs comes in Interstellar Blue color, is priced at 2499 Euros (~US$ 2706 / Rs. 1,95,245). It will roll out globally starting from next month.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.