Sony announced its latest flagship smartphone and its first 5G smartphone – Sony Xperia 1 II (Pronounced Mark 2) at an online event. The main highlight of this smartphone is its 4K HDR display with BRAVIA X1, high-end internals, triple rear camera with ZEISS optics and (of course) 5G support.
Sony Xperia 1 II: The First 5G Device From Sony
The Xperia 1 II packs in a 6.5-inch 21:9 CinemaWide 4K HDR display offering bright colors with BRAVIA X1 (as mentioned above), powered by Snapdragon 865 SoC, coupled with 8GB RAM, paired with 256GB expandable storage, runs on Android 10 and all these are backed by a 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging with Qi Wireless charging.
Coming to the cameras, it sports triple rear cameras that include a 12-megapixel main camera with f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 12-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, a 12-megapixel telephoto lens with OIS for 2x lossless zoom, and there is also a 3D iToF (indirect Time-of-Flight) sensor. The Xperia 1 II features ZEISS optics with T* (T-Star) anti-reflective coating to enhance the quality of images.
According to the company, this is the world’s first smartphone with up to 20fps AF/AE tracking burst and 5G connectivity for a complete creative entertainment experience. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the front and the back, and side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Sony Xperia 1 II Specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644 x 3840 pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 1TB)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra-wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- Android 10
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging, Qi Wireless charging
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor, Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Dimensions: 166×72×7.9mm; Weight: 181g
The Sony Xperia 1 II comes in Black, White and Purple colors. It will roll out starting from late Spring 2020.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.