realme announced its first 5G smartphone – realme X50 5G at an event in China. The smartphone features 120Hz refresh rate, 8mm liquid-cooled copper pipe 3.0, quad rear cameras, dual in-screen front cameras, and support for built-in 5G stand-alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz networks.
realme X50 5G
The realme X50 5G packs in a 6.57-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate and 90.48% screen to body ratio and the punch-hole screen houses a 16MP camera as well as an 8MP 105° ultra-wide sensor, powered by Snapdragon 765G, paired with (up to) 12GB RAM, coupled with (up to) 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, runs on Android 10 with realme UI and is backed by a 4200mAh battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 flash charge.
Coming to the cameras, the X50 features quad rear cameras that include a 64-megapixel primary rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor and f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens, 12-megapixel telephoto lens for 20x hybrid zoom and 2MP macro sensor.
It has a 3D glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone within a second, features Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio certification, but it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack.
The company has also introduced X50 5G Master Edition created by renowned Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa in Black and Gold versions inspired by Points and Lines. This uses the Classic indium plating process to achieve dynamic refractive metallic luster. The finishing process sculpts nano-scale concentric circles and parallel lines of metal texture, giving metal and glass a unique mix and match style.
Realme X50 5G Specifications
- 6.57-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, UIS stabilization, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.5 aperture for up to 20x hybrid zoom, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 960fps slow-motion
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 8MP 105 ° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Android 10 with realme UI
- 4200mAh battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 flash charge
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 1216 Linear Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio certification
- Dual SIM, 5G SA/ NSA (Optional) / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) (K30 5G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.8×8.9mm; Weight: 202g
Pricing And Availability
The realme X50 5G comes in Polar White and Glacier Blue colors and will roll out starting from January 14th. Pricing as follows.
- realme X50 8GB + 128GB — 2499 yuan (~US$ 359 / Rs. 25,805)
- realme X50 6GB + 256GB — 2699 yuan (~US$ 388 / Rs. 27,875)
- realme X50 12GB + 256GB — 2999 yuan (~US$ 430 / Rs. 30,970)
- realme X50 12GB + 256GB Master Edition — 3099 yuan (~US$ 446 / Rs. 32,005)
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.