Meizu announced its latest smartphone – Meizu 16T in China. The main highlight of the smartphone is its amazing design, powerpack internals, triple rear cameras, and top-of-the-line features.
Meizu 16T: The New Iteration!
The Meizu 16T packs in a 6.5-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display from Samsung, TÜV eye protection certification, powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with 6GB/8GB RAM, paired with 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 storage, runs Flyme OS with Android Pie and all these are backed by a 4500mAh battery with 18W mCharge fast charging.
Coming to the camera, a 12-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide lens that is also capable of shooting 2.5cm macro and a 5-megapixel depth sensor for portrait shots. It also has a 16-megapixel camera on the front for a 0.2-second face unlock.
The 16T sports an optical in-display fingerprint scanner with 30% more unlock success rate for 0.2s rapid unlock compared to the predecessor, has dual stereo speakers, linear motor, retains the 3.5mm headphone jack, comes with game mode 4.0.
Meizu 16T Specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED display with 430 nits (up to 600 nit peak) brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB, 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, 5MP camera with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 8MP 118° ultra-wide lens with Samsung 4H7 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie with Flyme OS 7 (Upgradable to FlymeOS 8)
- 4500mAh battery with 18W mCharge fast charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM, 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.63×78.2×8.3mm; Weight: 183g
The Meizu 16T comes in Green, Orange and Blue colors, is priced at;
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage – 1999 yuan (~ US$ 282 / Rs. 20,040)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage – 2299 yuan (~ US$ 325 / Rs. 23,045)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB storage – 2499 yuan (~ US$ 353 / Rs. 25,060)
It is available for order today and will go on sale in China from October 28th. It will launch in India soon in a limited number, probably through Amazon similar to earlier Meizu phones.