ASUS launched its latest gaing smartphone – ASUS ROG Phone II in India. This phone is the successor of the ROG Phone that was launched in India last year. As it is a gaming phone it comes with top-end hardware, 3D vapor chamber for better heat dissipation and much more.
ASUS ROG Phone II: The Gamers
The ASUS ROG Phone II packs in a 6.59-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 120Hz, 1ms response time display, powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC, along with 3D vapor chamber that efficiently transfer heat away from the SoC, paired with 8GB RAM, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a mamoth 6,000mAh battery. The 30W HyperCharge fast charging that can charge up to 4,000mAh in just 58 minutes and two hours to fully charge the phone.
Coming to cameras, it sports a 48-megapixel rear camera along with a 13-megapixel 125° ultra-wide camera, and a 24-megapixel camera on the front. Apart from that there is an optical under-display fingerprint scanner, compared to rear-mounted fingerprint sensor in the predecessor.
Apart from the specification, the phone has dedicated ultrasonic AirTriggers with faster haptic response rate, and you no longer have to raise your fingers before tapping. The phone still has the 3.5mm audio jack and stereo front-facing speakers with DTS: X Ultra surround sound effect, and comes with quad noise-cancelling microphones. There are Dual high-end vibrating motors XYZ axis for surround feel.
ASUS ROG Phone II Specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform
- 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS 3.0) / 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording, 13MP 125° ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, EIS
- Android 9.0 Pie with ROG UI
- 6000mAh with battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier,3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- Dimensions: 170.99×77.6×9.78mm; Weight: 240g
The ASUS ROG Phone II comes in Black color and is priced;
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – Rs. 37,999 (It will be available for Flipkart starting from September 30th during Big Billion Days sale.)
- 12GB RAM + 512GB storage – Rs. 59,999 (This will come with 30W fast charger and AeroActive Cooler II in the box.)
Price Of Accessories
- ASUS ROG 30W Charger — Rs. 1,999
- AeroActive Cooler II — Rs. 3999
- Professional Dock — Rs. 5499
- Lighting Armored case — Rs. 2,999
- Twin View Dock II — Rs. 19,999
- Mobile Desktop Dock — Rs. 12,999
- ROG Kunai Gamepad — Rs. 9,999
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.