OPPO launched its latest smartphone- OPPO Reno 2 in India. The main highlight of the smartphone is its display, mid-range hardware, and quad-camera setup. It comes with gradient 3D Glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
OPPO Reno 2: A New Entrant!
The Reno 2 comes with a 6.55-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED panaromic display with ultra-narrow bezels and 93.1% screen-to-body ratio, powered by Snapdragon 730G SoC, coupled with 8GB RAM, Game Boost 2.0, 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, runs on Android Pie with ColorOS 6 and all these are backed by a 4000mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 48-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 13-megapixel telephoto lens for 5x hybrid zoom, 20x digital zoom, 8-megapixel 116 degree ultra-wide lens, and a 2-megapixel mono lens. It has Ultra steady video mode that combines OIS and EIS, Ultra Dark Mode, and Bokeh video for both the front and rear cameras.
OPPO Reno 2 sports an in-display fingerprint scanner. At the front, it features a 16-megapixel Shark fin rising camera on the top, according to OPPO says that it will withstand over 200,000 times of lifting and the mechanism takes just 0.8 seconds.
OPPO Reno 2 Specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio Dynamic AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage + expandable via microSD
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 0.8um pixel size, PDAF, OIS, EIS 8MP 116-degree Ultra Wide Lens, 13MP telephoto lens for 5x Hybrid Optical Zoom, 20X digital zoom, 2MP mono lens
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6.0
- 4000mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160×74.3×9.5mm; Weight: 189g
The OPPO Reno 2 comes in Ocean Blue and Luminous Black colors. It is priced at Rs. 36,990 and will be available for pre-order from September 10th from Amazon.in, Flipkart, other retailers online and offline and the sale begins 20th September.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.