Samsung announced its latest smartwatch – Galaxy Watch Active2, a successor of Galaxy Watch Active which was introduced earlier this year. This smartwatch features a rotating touch bezel to advance screens so you can easily select favorite apps and is backed by military-level durability.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2: The Far, The Better!
The Galaxy Watch Active2 comes with One UI which offers simple, clear and natural user experience for navigation with My Style color extraction algorithm on the Galaxy Wearable app that lets you simply take a photo of your outfit, choose from five different color patterns, and your watch face changes in seconds.
The Watch Active2 can manually track more than 39 workouts with seven of them automatically activated—including running, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing machine, elliptical machine, and dynamic workouts.
Not just that, it has new health sensors on the back, which take in readings faster and the watch also helps you track real-time stress levels through Samsung Health, provides access to guided meditation programs through integration with Calm.
- 44mm models: 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- 40mm models: 1.2-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 768MB / 1.5GB (LTE) RAM
- 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM and iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9T (44mm) / 40 x 40 x 10.9T (40mm); Weight: 30g (Aluminum 44mm), 26g (Aluminum 40mm), 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm), 37g (Stainless Steel 40mm)
- LTE (Optional), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh (44mm) / 247mAh (40mm) battery with WPC-based wireless charging
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Aluminum version comes in Silver Cloud, Aqua Black and Pink Gold colors with Fluoroelastomer (FKM) and the Stainless Steel version comes in Silver, Black, and Gold with Leather Strap colors.
Pricing And Availability
- 40mm aluminum – $279.99 (~Rs. 19,830) / € 299 (~Rs. 23,710)
- 40mm stainless steel – € 399 (~US$ 446 / ~Rs. 31,635)
- 44mm aluminum – $299.99 (~Rs. 21,245) / € 319 (~Rs. 25,295)
- 44mm stainless steel – € 419 (~US$ 469 / ~Rs. 33,225)
- 40mm LTE stainless steel – € 449 (~US$ 502 / ~Rs. 35,605)
- 44mm LTE stainless steel – € 469 (~US$ 525 / ~Rs. 37,195)
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 will be available for pre-order from August 23 in Europe and will be available from September 13. In the US, it will be available for pre-orders from September 6 and go on sale from September 27, 2019. The Galaxy Watch Active2 LTE edition will be available at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Verizon starting September 27, 2019.