Sony has announced its latest camera- Sony RX100 VII with a new 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest-generation BIONZ X image processor, which allows this camera to deliver new levels of autofocus performance and according to the company, the camera achieved speed breakthrough that has previously only been seen on the Alpha 9.
ALSO READ: Sony Alpha 6400 Mirrorless Camera With Real-Time Tracking, 24.2MP Sensor Launched In India
Sony RX100 VII: The New Entrant!
The Sony RX100 VII features ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mmviii F2.8-4.5 high magnification zoom lens. It offers 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points.
The image sensor realizes blackout-free shooting for a completely live view, even when continuous shooting at 20fps, pretty much like the Alpha 9. The new drive mode uses Single Burst Shooting for capturing the perfect high-speed shot at up to 90fps in JPEG/RAW format utilizing the anti-distortion shutter.
Here Is Why Sony R100 VII Perfect For Vloggers?
The Sony R100 VII comes with a Real-time Eye AF that employs AI-based object recognition to detect and process eye data in real-time, resulting in improved accuracy, speed and tracking the performance of Eye AF for both humans and animals.
In addition to that, you can also connect an external microphone with the Shooting Grip Kit (DSC-RX100M7G) that includes an RX100 VII, Shooting Grip (VCT-SGR1) which allows for easy recording and zooming, Bracket with Accessory Shoe to attach the Microphone, and two Rechargeable Battery Packs(NP-BX1).
ALSO READ: Canon PowerShot G7 XIII And PowerShot G5 X II Announced
Sony RX100 VII Features / Specifications
- 20.1MP 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) 3:2 Exmor RS CMOS sensor with DRAM chip, uses back-illumination technology for increased light-collection efficiency. The standard ISO range is 100-12800, expanded to ISO64 and ISO80 for stills.
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 24-200 mm F2.8-4.5 high-resolution zoom lens, 8.0x Optical Zoom
- 0.39-type electronic XGA viewfinder(OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- A 2.95-inch 180-degree tiltable LCD screen
- Real-time Tracking, Real-time Eye AF
- An extra-high frame rate of up to 960fps/1000fps, so even when shooting at 200mm telephoto it’s possible to record impressive close-up super slow-motion footage
- The Anti-distortion electronic shutter and a total of 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering approx. 68% of the image area – the most in the world – work in conjunction with 425 contrast-detection AF points and High-density AF Tracking Technology to follow even erratically moving subjects reliably.
- Blackout-free Shooting at up to 20fps,21 complete with AF/AE tracking, so you won’t lose track of a moving subject even at telephoto range. Precise, reliable AF/AE tracking is based on high-speed arithmetic processing at up to 60 times per second during continuous shooting.
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, micro HDMI, Microphone Jack (3.5mm Stereo mini-jack)
- Built-in flash
- Multi-slot reader for Memory Stick Duo/SD memory card
- Dimensions: 102mm x 58mm x 43mm; Weight: 302g
The Sony RX100 VII is priced at $1,200 (~ Rs. 82,899) and will roll out starting from August. The Shooting Grip Kit bundle costs $1300 (~ Rs. 89,805) and will be available later this year.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.