LG announced its latest smartphone- LG G8s ThinQ and is all set for a global rollout starting this month. The G8 ThinQ was introduced at MWC back in February. The main highlight of the smartphone is its triple rear cameras.
LG G8s ThinQ: Subtle Update!
The LG G8s ThinQ packs in a 6.2-inch FullVision FHD+ OLED display, powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with 6GB RAM, paired with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) expandable storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 3550mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Coming to the camera, it sports triple rear cameras that include a 12-megapixel main camera, 13-megapixel 137-degree super wide-angle camera, and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens. On the front, it packs an 8-megapixel sensor and a 3D ToF front camera that measures the distance between the subject and the camera in millimeters to control the intensity of the background blur up to 256 levels for selfies with more depth.
Apart from that, the phone offers enhanced security with Hand ID and Face Unlock. The Hand ID uses the Z Camera’s (Air Motion) ability to scan a user’s unique circulatory pattern using infrared light making unlocking the phone in the dark just as accurate as during the day. Furthermore, the phone features stereo speakers, MIL-STD 810G compliance and IP68 water and dust resistance.
LG G8s ThinQ Specifications
- 6.2-inch (2248 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, LED flash, 13MP 137˚ super-wide camera, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0 µm pixel size, a 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 80° lens, 3D ToF sensor
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 3550mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Fingerprint sensor, 3D face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Dimensions:155.3 x 76.6 x 7.99mm; Weight: 181g
The LG G8s ThinQ comes in Mirror Black, Mirror Teal, and Mirror White colors. It is priced at 769 Euros (~US$ 867 / Rs. 59,865) for the 128GB version and will roll out this month in select markets in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East, among others.