ASUS announced its latest flagship smartphone- ASUS 6Z in India. The main highlights of this smartphone are its no-notch display, flip-up camera, and power-pack internals that beholds the phone to the flagship class.
ASUS 6Z: The Same Zenfone 6!
The ASUS 6Z packs in a 6.46-inch Full HD+ no-notch LCD screen with narrow bezels and 92% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with 6GB/8GB RAM, paired with 64GB / 128GB, 256GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie with ZenUI 6 with updates for Android Q and R in the future, all these are backed by a 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging.
Coming to the camera, it sports a motorized flip camera with 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 with Quad Bayer technology for 12MP effective images, along with a 13-megapixel 125-degree ultra-wide lens so that you can use it as both front and rear cameras, and the flip mechanism can be used in a 90-degree position. You can also shoot 180-degree Panorama shots.
Just to be sure, according to the company, the flip-up camera made from Liquid Metal is lighter than stainless steel and is 4x stronger. It will close automatically if you drop the phone, and the company at the launch said that it has tested it with up to 100,000 flips.
Well, apart from the flip part, the 6Z features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and a dedicated smart key that is customizable. It comes with a dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and the back has a 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and the phone (overall) features 6000-series aluminum frame.
Quick Specs Run-Down
View this post on Instagram
ASUS 6Z Specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen with 600 nits brightness, HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1), 256GB (UFS 2.1) + expandable via microSD (up to 1TB)
- 48MP flip camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, Laser AF, EIS, 13MP secondary camera with 125-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording
- Android 9.0 Pie with ZenUI 6
- 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio,5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP TFA9874 smartamp, dual microphones
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm; Weight: 190g
The ASUS 6Z comes in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver colors. It is available from Flipkart starting from June 26th. It is priced;
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – Rs. 31,999
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – Rs. 34,999
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage – Rs. 39,999
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.