It’s been (just) days OnePlus launched its hyped up OnePlus 7 Series and got a lot of attention from the user for its killer hardware and a steal pricing. Well, leveling up the competition, ASUS has announced its latest flagship smartphone- ASUS Zenfone 6, which looks promising.
ASUS Zenfone 6 Launch Stole The Hype
The Zenfone 6 packs in a 6.46-inch Full HD+ no-notch LCD screen with narrow bezels and 92% screen-to-body ratio, not the best compared to OnePlus 7 Pro. The Zenfone 6 is powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with 6GB / 8GB RAM, paired with 64GB / 128GB, 256GB storage, runs on Android Pie with ZenUI 6 and is backed by 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0, but it only comes with an 18W charger in the box.
Coming to the camera, the Zenfone 6 features a flip camera, which is made from Liquid Metal is lighter than stainless steel and is 4x stronger. It sports 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 with Quad Bayer technology for 12MP effective images, along with with a 13-megapixel 125-degree ultra-wide lens so that you can use it as both front and rear cameras, and the flip mechanism can be used in a 90-degree position.
Furthermore, the flip will close automatically if you drop the phone, and the company at the launch said that it has tested it with up to 100,000 flips. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and a dedicated smart key that is customizable. The back also has a 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection and features 6000-series aluminum frame.
ASUS Zenfone 6 Specifications
- 6.46-inch Full HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen with 600 nits brightness, HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB, 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 1TB with microSD)
- 48MP flip camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, Laser AF, EIS, 13MP secondary camera with 125-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie with ZenUI 6, promises Android Q and R
- 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio,5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP TFA9874 smart amp, dual microphones
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm; Weight: 190g
The ASUS Zenfone 6 comes in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver colors, is priced;
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – 499 Euros (~US$ 557 / Rs. 39,132)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – 559 Euros (~US$ 624 / Rs. 43,800)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage – 599 Euros (~US$ 669 / Rs. 46,970)
It will be available for order in several countries in Europe starting today and will start shipping from May 25th.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.