ZTE’s sub-brand Nubia announced its latest gaming smartphone Nubia Red Magic 3 at an event in China. The main highlight of the smartphone is its 90Hz AMOLED display, the world’s first smartphone with an active cooling system which drastically improves thermal performance.
Nubia Red Magic 3: Budget-End Gaming Phone?
Well, the Red Magic 3 packs in a 6.65-inch FHD+ HDR AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate, HDR support, powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC along with active liquid cooling, coupled with up to 12GB of RAM, paired with up to 256GB storage, runs on Redmagic OS 2.0 on to of Android Pie and is backed by a 5000mAh battery with 27W fast charging.
Coming to the cameras, it sports a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor offering 12MP output and a 16-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual front-facing stereo speakers, DTS:X, and 3D sound technologies that create a cinematic soundscape, with or without headphones.
What Is Active Liquid Cooling?
According to the company, the Red Magic 3 pairs with state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology with an internal turbo fan, increasing effective heat transfer by 500%. This groundbreaking thermal design improves comfort and boosts performance for a smoother, more comfortable gaming experience, while other gaming phones rely on passive cooling.
Nubia Red Magic 3: Gaming Features?
Apart from active liquid cooling, Nubia has included additional hardware switch toggles “Red Magic Game Space 2.0,” a gaming-focused dashboard. This will let you organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds, monitor temperature and usage stats in real time, block notifications for uninterrupted gaming, record in-game videos, and more.
Furthermore, the touch-sensitive shoulder triggers provide additional hardware buttons without the need for a gamepad accessory. Again, you can configure and custom-map these buttons to suit according to your need. Along with that, you can also customize RGB lighting with several effects and over 16.8 million colors with Red Magic’s light effects editor.
Nubia Red Magic 3 Specifications
- 6.65-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie with Redmagic OS 2.0
- 5000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-facing speakers, DTS:X
- Dual SIM (nano + nano), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 171.7× 78.5x 9.65mm; Weight: 215g
The Nubia Red Magic 3 comes in Black, Flame Red, Camouflage and Red with Blue Gradient colors.
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – 2899 Yuan (~ US$ 430 / Rs. 30,065)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – 3199 Yuan (~ US$ 475 / Rs. 33,175)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – 3499 Yuan (~ US$ 519 / Rs. 36,290)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage – 4299 Yuan (~ US$ 638 / Rs. 44,590)
It will go on sale in China from May 3rd and will roll out globally later in May in the USA, Canada, Europe, and the UK. The company has also said that it will launch in India soon, although there was no time-frame given.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.