OPPO has launched its latest mid-range smartphone- OPPO A9 under ‘A series’ in China. The smartphone features mid-range specs including the dew-drop notch display, dual rear camera and a 3D gradient back.
OPPO A9: The Latest Entrant A Series
The OPPO A9 packs in a 6.53-inch Full HD+ Dew Drop notch display with 90.7% screen-to-body ratio, powered by MediaTek Helio P70 SoC, coupled with 6GB RAM, paired with 128GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie with ColorOS 6.0 and all these are backed by a 4020mAh battery with fast charging.
Coming to the cameras, it sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with AI scene recognition along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera and a 16-megapixel front camera. Apart from that, the A9 features a 3D gradient back and a fingerprint sensor on the back of the device.
OPPO A9 Specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P70 12nm processor (Quad 2.1GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs)
- 900MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage + expandable (via up to 256GB)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6.0
- 4020mAh battery with fast charging
- Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS
The OPPO A9 comes in Mica Green, Jade White, and Fluorite Purple colors. It is priced at 1799 Yuan (~ US$ 266 / Rs. 18,730) and is available for pre-order through OPPO Shop and goes on sale from April 30 in China.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.