Meizu has announced its latest flagship smartphone – Meizu 16s at an event in China. The 16s features ultra narrow bottom bezel, powerpack performance with Hyper Gaming and mEngine 3.0, dual rear camera with AI features, and in-display fingerprint sensor.
Meizu 16s: A New Flagship In The Class!
The Meizu 16s packs in a 6.2-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 4.2mm ultra narrow bottom bezel and 91.53% screen-to-body ratio, powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with 6GB / 8GB RAM along with Hyper Gaming, paired with 128GB / 256GB storage, runs on Android Pie with One Mind 3.0 AI and all these backed by a 3600mAh with 24W mCharge fast charging.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, night mode along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor. At the front, it has a 20-megapixel camera on the front for 0.2-second face unlock, AI beauty features.
Apart from that, the 16s has a built-in mEngine 3.0 offer more real and delicate vibration effect as well as 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match the scenes. The phone also has an in-display fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, but lacks 3.5mm audio jack (the company is selling Type-C to 3.5mm converter with Cirrus Logic CS43131 Hi-Fi DAC that promises the best audio experience).
Meizu 16s Specifications
- 6.2-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED display with 500 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size with ring LED flash, 20MP secondary telephoto camera with Sony IMX350 sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with Samsung 3T2 sensor
- Android 9.0 Pie with Flyme OS 8
- 3600mAh with 24W mCharge fast charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 151.9×73.4×7.65; Weight: 165g
The Meizu 16s comes in White, Carbon Black, and Phantom Blue colors. It is available for pre-order via the official Meizu’s website and will go on sale in China starting from April 28th.
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – 3398 Yuan (~ US$ 505 / Rs. 35,265)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – 3698 yuan (~ US$ 550 / Rs. 38,375)
- 8GB RAM + 256Gb storage – 4198 Yuan (~ US$ 624 / Rs. 43,565)