Microsoft launched the Surface Book 2 back in 2017, but we haven’t seen any refreshed edition of it after that. Well, seems like the company felt the same, and refreshed the Surface Book 2 with a new processor, also means improved performance.
Microsoft Refreshed Surface Book 2
The refresh alters the internal, the exterior and other configurations remains the same. Well, the Surface Book 2 comes with a new set of specifications. The laptop is now powered by the latest 8th Generation Intel i5 processor, coupled with 8GB RAM and paired with 256GB storage.
The major processor change brings the 8th Generation i5-8350U processor, which can be overclocked up to 3.6GHz. Which should improve the overall performance significantly from the old one. Apart from that, it is said to give out 17 hours of video playback and up to 5 hours in tablet mode.
New Microsoft Surface Book 2 Specifications:
- 13.5” PixelSense Display with up to 3240 x 2160 resolution, 3:2 aspect ratio, and 10 point multi-touch.
- Intel i5 8th generation i5-8350U processor
- Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated GPU
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 256GB PCIe SSD
- HW TPM 2.0 chip for security
- Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer.
- 44W integrated GPU or 102W discrete GPU Power Supply w/USB-A charging port
- Silver Colour
- 2 x USB Type-A 3.1 Gen 1 , 1X USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 , 3.5mm headphone jack, Full-size SDXC card reader, 2 x Surface Connect ports
- 70WHr with up to 17 hours of video playback, up to 5 hours in tablet mode
The Microsoft (refreshed) Surface Book 2 is priced at US$1,499 (~ Rs.1,03,810). As of now, it is available only in the U.S. The availability in India is still unknow, but we will follow up if anything pops up.