Huawei has announced its first foldable smartphone- Huawei Mate X at MWC 2019, Barcelona. The smartphone features a Falcon Wing design with a stretchable hinge which supposed to help the device snap shut and be completely flat without breaking the display.
Huawei Mate X Foldable 5G Smartphone
The Mate X packs in a 6.6-inch OLED screen on the front and 6.38-inch screen on the back that expands to an 8-inch screen when unfolded. The screen doesn’t overstretch while folding or bulge in unfolding. It is powered by Kirin 980 7nm SoC with Balong 5000 5G modem, paired with 8GB RAM, 512GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 4500 mAh battery with 55W SuperCharge.
Coming to the camera, the Mate X is equipped triple rear Leica Cameras – a 40MP main camera, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and an 8MP telephoto camera. Much like Mate 2 Pro, it comes with NM Card slot along with world’s first 55W (10V/4A) Huawei SuperCharge fast charging technology that lets you charge the phone’s 4500mAh battery from 0 to 85% in 30 minutes.
Huawei Mate X Specifications
- 6.6-inch (2480 x 1148 pixels) 19.5:9 OLED display when folded, 6.38-inch (2480 x 892 pixels) OLED 25:9 display for back panel, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display when unfolded
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU, Balong 5000 5G modem
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 512GB storage + expandable via NM Card (up to 256GB)
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens, an 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.1.1
- 4500 mAh battery with 55W SuperCharge
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- 5G Multi-mode,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 78.3 (146.2 unfolded) x 5.4-11mm; Weight: 295g
The HUAWEI Mate X comes in Interstellar Blue color, and is priced at 2299 Euros (~US$ 2607 / Rs. 1,85,220). It will roll out from mid-2019.