Samsung has launched its latest rugged tablet – Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 in India. The ruggedness is certified by the MIL-STD-810, which can survive extreme environments. Along with that it has 1.2m anti-shock inbox protective cover, IP68 water and dust resistance, and better display touch mode for gloved and wet touch.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 Rugged Tablet
The Tab Active 2 packs in a 8.0-inch TFT display, powered by Exynos 7870 along with Mali T830 GPU, paired with 3GB RAM, coupled with 16GB expandable storage, runs on Android Nougat, comes with 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera and 5-megapixel selfie camera and all these are backed by a 4,450mAh battery.
Furthermore, it sports biometric authentication including a new fingerprint scanner offering improved security authentication and facial recognition for convenient hands-free access. Much like any Samsung device, it features a defense grade Knox security platform. It has S Pen stylus support that function in extreme working conditions since it is also IP68 certified.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 Specifications
- 8.0-inch (1280 x 800 pixel) WXGA TFT display
- 1.8GHz Octa-core Samsung Exynos 7870 processor
- Mali T830 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 256GB)
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 4,450mAh (replaceable) battery
- IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, 1.2m Anti-shock with inbox protective cover, MIL-STD-810G
- S Pen (IP68 Certified, 4096 Pressure Level, Air Command)
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type C
- Dimensions: 127.6 x 214.7 x 9.9mm; Weight: 419g
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 comes in Black color, and is priced at Rs. 50,990. It will be available in India from mid-March.