Meizu has announced its latest top-end smartphone – Meizu Zero with a unique design approach that gets rid of all the ports and buttons, which includes a 3.5mm audio jack (no surprise) but also USB-C port and in place of that it has a custom designed 18W wireless fast charging.
Meizu Zero; A Zero Design Approach!
The Meizu Zero packs in a 5.99-inch AMOLED display, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, runs on Android-based Flyme 7, backed by a battery which supports 18W wireless super fast charging. According to the company, users have to rely on Bluetooth for wireless audio listening.
Coming to the camera, it Meizu Zero sports 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX380 sensor along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor and a 20-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Meizu 16. It also features an in-display fingerprint sensor and uses eSIM, so it gets rid of the SIM slot as well.
The smartphone features a waterproof body with IP68 ratings and uses mSound 2.0 screen sound technology that uses the phone’s screen as a speaker and the earpiece. Apart from that, it features pressure-sensitive power and volume buttons using Meizu-specific mEngine 2.0 on the sides like the HTC Edge Sense squeeze interaction.
Meizu Zero Specifications
- 5.99-inch (1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 4-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- Android-based Flyme 7
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP68)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 18W wireless super fast charging
The Meizu Zero comes in Black and White colors, but the company says that it will take time for the release since eSIM needs regulatory approval, so it has not announced the pricing or availability details yet.