Vivo quietly unveiled its latest smartphone in Y series – Vivo Y89 in China. The main highlight of the smartphone is its notched display, dual rear cameras and the fact that it is a budget-end smartphone.
Vivo Y89; A New Entrant In The Budget Range!
The Y89 packs in a 6.3-inch Full HD+ IPS display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 SoC, coupled with 4GB of RAM, paired with 64GB of expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3260mAh battery.
Speaking of the camera, the Vivo Y89 sports a dual 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel camera setup with LED flash, while at the front, it has a 16-megapixel camera which sits within the larger notch above the display. Apart from that, it has dual SIM support, microSD card for storage expansion and Fingerprint scanner at the back.
Vivo Y89 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2280 pixels) IPS Display, 400ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 256GB)
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0) + 2-megapixel rear camera, phase detection autofocus, 4K video, LED flash
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI beautification, Softlight flash
- Android Oreo 8.1 with FunTouch OS 4.0
- 3260mAh battery
- Fingerprint scanner, Facial recognition
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm ; Weight: 149.3g
The Vivo Y89 comes in Aurora Blue and Black with Gold colors, and is priced 1396 Yuan (~US$ 205 / Rs. 14,660). It will go on sale in China later this week.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.